This is another easy, quick meal to make during the week. After a long day of work the last thing I want to do is get home and cook for hours. The beauty of this recipe is you don’t have to! It takes less than a half hour to make. Although, I will admit I despise cutting broccoli so there is that added pain but usually I can talk my husband into doing that part :)! Also, most of my serving sizes are for 4 so we can have dinner and then eat the leftovers for lunch the next day.
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3 small broccoli florets
- 1.5 cups cashews
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Sriracha sauce (give or take depending on how spicy you want it.
- 1/2 garlic clove
Garnish: Red pepper flakes, sesame seeds
- In a large pan (I typically use a wok) add the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, garlic, and Sriracha on medium to high heat and stir together.
- Once the sauce is simmering add the broccoli florets and cook until all broccoli appears to be coated with the sauce and is cooked (about 8 minutes).
- Add the cashews to the broccoli mix and stir for 3 minutes, still on medium to high heat.
- Put cooked rice in the bowl and add the broccoli cashew mix on top of it.
- Garnish with red pepper flakes and sesame seeds.
**Sometimes I will make a little peanut sauce to add on top of it which adds a good amount of flavor if you like more sauce on rice meals. The recipe to the peanut sauce is below:
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 1/8 cup water (give or take depending on how thick you want the sauce)
- 2 tbsp teriyaki sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
On high heat mix all ingredients together. Wait until the ingredients come to a simmer and drizzle over the rice and broccoli cashew mix.