We are currently in that special time between Thanksgiving and Christmas where it’s easy to feel like anything goes. The best way to get healthy foods into my body is to find something that is easy and tastes good. Personally, I love kale so anything that I can easily add it to, I’m gonna. I am not vegan or vegetarian so sometimes I will add chicken to this dish instead of chickpeas. Usually, I do vegan meals once or twice a week because I like trying a variety of proteins and feel great afterwards. The roasted chickpea taco salad is an easy and quick meal that adds superfoods and protein to your daily diet.
I had a lot of extra kale left over from the other meals I made this week (I also bought a ton because it was so cheap this week). I usually shop at Sprouts and this week they had a HUGE bag of kale for $3.99. This bag of kale is going to be a weekly staple because it makes it easy to throw into a smoothie, make kale chips, or add to a meal like this one.**Jump to Recipe**
Ingredients I Recommend for the Roasted Chickpea Taco Salad:
If you have other taco seasonings that you love definitely use that. These ingredients are just suggestions and definitely not necessary to make this meal taste great.
One day, my dream is to create my own taco seasoning because it is something I use so often and want something that fits my tastes exactly. But until then, I prefer this Wildtree seasoning.
Roasted Chickpea Taco Salad
- 1 cup Brown Rice
- 2 cups Water
- 2 cups Kale
- 2 15 oz. cans Chickpeas Always wash before cooking
- 2 Avocados
- 1/4 cup Taco Seasoning I prefer the "Wild tree" taco seasoning
- Sriracha to taste
- Taco Sauce to taste
- 2 cups Water
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- While the oven is preheating, put the two cans of chickpeas into a mixing bowl. Add the taco seasoning and Sriracha. Mix together and spread on a baking sheet evenly.
- Put chickpeas into the oven for 30 minutes
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add rice. Once rice is added, cover and take off the heat for 15 minutes.
- Steam kale in a colander over boiling water (I steam the kale over the water I am boiling for the rice).
- Cut avocados into bite-sized pieces
- Put the rice, kale, and chickpeas in a bowl. Top it with your favorite taco sauce!
Heres to hoping you enjoy this Roasted Chickpea Taco Salad! Let me know in the comments below if you tried it out and if there are other variations that made it better!