Roasted Chickpea Taco Salad
I need to do a little reset this weekend and knew I needed to eat something full of good stuff. I was kind of low on food here at the end of the week so I tried to come up with something with the foods I already had at home. I had a lot of extra kale left over from the other meals I made this week (I also bought a ton because it was so cheap this week) so I was able to add a little bit of freshness to this meal as well. This meal is so easy to make and is vegan friendly.
- 1 Cup white rice
- 2 Cups kale
- 2 Cans of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- 2 Ripe avocados
- 1/4 Cup taco seasoning (I prefer the taco seasoning made by “Wildtree”)
- Sriracha – to taste (or none at all if you aren’t into spice)
- Taco Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, put the two cans of chickpeas into a mixing bowl. Add the taco seasoning and Sriracha. Mix together and spread on a baking sheet evenly.
- While the chickpeas are roasting, begin cooking the rice.
- While the rice is cooking, steam the kale.
- Cut the avocados into bite sized cubes
- Put the rice, kale, and chickpeas in a bowl. Top it with your favorite taco sauce!