Southwest Veggie Burger Bowl
This meal is one of my favorite meals to eat during a busy week. It is so easy to make and it is jammed packed with protein and other good for you foods. This recipe is vegetarian friendly and easily vegan friendly by using an egg free veggie burger. For this recipe I decided to go with a Dr. Praeger’s veggie burger to keep with the simplicity theme of this amazing dish. One of these days I will come up with my own veggie burger recipe.
The ingredients needed for this recipe are below:
(This will make 4 servings)
- Dr. Praegers veggie burger (or veggie burger of your choice)
- 2 c. Cooked brown rice
- 15oz. can cooked black beans
- 3 cups steamed kale
- 2 avocados
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower Seeds
- Cook the brown rice and black beans in separate pans.
- While the water for the rice is boiling I usually like to put the kale in a steamer on top of it to use that boiling time efficiently.
- Once the kale is steamed I will put the rice in the water and let it cook for about 15 minutes. I then add the olive oil and salt to the steamed kale.
- Begin cooking veggie burger to desired temperature.
- Add all of the readied ingredients to a bowl and add slices of half of an avocado per bowl.
- Garnish with sunflower seeds
- Add a nice touch by garnishing with pumpkin seeds as well!