Coconut Rice Chicken Bowl
News alert! Cooking rice in coconut milk makes it 1000x better if you’re someone who likes coconut. It shocked me how much this even changed the texture of the rice. I got the idea from a blog a few years ago and pretty much haven’t gone back since. The Coconut Rice Chicken Bowl will quickly become one of your staple meals with it being easy to make and tasting great.
The main ingredients are just rice, chicken, and fresh green beans. It can’t get more simple (and inexpensive) than having to just buy three main ingredients. Usually when chicken goes on sale at the store I stock up and just throw it in the freezer. I had a ton of chicken that I started thawing last week so I thought why not whip this meal up. The rest of the sauces and spices are items I already had so it made this feel like a pretty inexpensive meal. The final product doesn’t taste like the simple recipe that it is. I personally think it could belong in a restaurant but I’m no food critic.**Jump to Recipe**
Ingredients I prefer for the Coconut Rice Chicken Bowl:
When it comes to coconut milk, I prefer the Sungiven Organic Coconut Milk. I usually purchase the 6 pack of it from Amazon so I have it handy if I’m wanting to make some coconut rice on the fly.
Another ingredient I use is the Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce. After testing out several types of Teriyaki sauce, this is the one with the best flavors in my opinion. When it comes to Sriracha, I enjoy the typical and popular Huy Fong Sriracha Chili Hot Sauce. ALSO! Hot tip, they now have to-go packages in case you ever want to bring some with you to add to any restaurant food you eat.
Those are just a few suggestions on ingredients I would recommend for the Coconut Rice Chicken Bowl. If you already have similar items at home I would go ahead and use those to make things easier on yourself! Anyway, let’s get to the recipe!
Coconut Rice Chicken Bowl
- 1 lbs. Chicken Breast
- 1.5 cups White Rice
- 3 cups Coconut Milk you will need 2, 13.5 oz. cans
- 1 lbs Fresh Green Beans cut off the edges
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tbsp Sriracha if you like it spicy
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring 3 cups of coconut milk to a boil.
- Once the coconut milk is boiling, add the rice and remove from heat and cover.
- Bake chicken for 30 minutes.
- In a large Wok, heat olive oil on medium to high heat and then add green beans.
- Toss green beans for 15 minutes.
- When the chicken is done baking, cut into cubes and add to the wok with the green beans.
- Add teriyaki and sriracha to the chicken and green beans.
- Plate the meal by placing the chicken and green beans on top of the bed of rice.
- Top with sesame seeds.
Let me know in the comments below what you think if you try this out! It is one of my favorites and I’m hopeful you enjoy it too!